Sharing God’s Love with our Community
Sunday Services (10.30am)
The next services at Union Street will be inside the church on:
17 October (Geoff Harris)
24 October (Rev Dr Bonni-Belle Pickard)
31 October Local Arrangement
There is now no need to book in advance, but we will make a list of attendees on the day and keep it for 14 days in case it is needed for track and trace in the event of a case of Covid being reported by a member of that day’s congregation.
- Entry is via the front door.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at entrances, and all those attending are asked to use it
- Chairs will be set out in widely spaced rows, and the congregation will be asked to leave a chair-space between their bubble / family group and others in the same row.
- Members of the congregation will take responsibility for social distancing according to what they are comfortable with – please respect others who prefer not to shake hands, stand close etc. And please don’t hesitate to ask others to give you space.
- Masks are not compulsory, but we respect that some members will wish to wear them
- Those who prefer not to wear masks and / or wish to sing are asked to sit towards the front of the church
- Those who wish to wear masks are advised to take seats nearer to the back of the church.
- Communion will be distributed by the minister and Communion Stewards along the rows, to keep movement of the congregation to a minimum.
- Bread will be served on cocktail sticks to minimise handling as it is distributed
- Cocktail sticks and glasses will be collected in baskets by the stewards.
- We encourage members of the congregation to chat outside the church after the service rather than inside to minimise indoor contact
Online Sunday Services will continue at 10.30am – join the online service by going to the North Kent Methodist Circuit Website or Facebook page to find the live stream (opens 15 minutes before the service).
Rev Dr Bonni-Belle Pickard leading the service in the lawn on Sunday 3rd July 2021
Footsteps (4-11 years) (suspended until further notice)
Every Sunday drop your children off at 10.15am at the Brewer Street entrance and pick them up at 12 noon.
- Bible stories
- Arts and Crafts
- It’s like a mini-Messy Church
Foe more information contact Denis Makowski on 07739 184051 or email YoungPeople@usmc.org.uk
11.15am Tuesdays (suspended until further notice)
12.00 Frontline lunch meeting
Bring your own lunch
Tea and coffee are provided
Who are we?
We are a friendly Church which seeks to serve Christ in the world today.
For more details about membership, baptisms, weddings and funerals please contact our minister, Rev Dr Bonni-Belle Pickard.
Reverend Dr Bonni-Belle Pickard
Bonni–Belle grew up in Florida United Methodism, spent 20 years as a music teacher at Kodaikanal International School in South India, and trained as a minister at Candler School of Theology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia (USA). She has been a circuit minister in the British Methodist Connexion since 2001, serving previously in Birmingham and North London and, as a superintendent, in the Kingston circuit from 2008-2015 and North Kent Circuit since 2015.
Husband Alfred is a music teacher in local schools; they have grown children living on three continents. Bonni–Belle loves people, creativity, and following God into new adventures.
Maidstone International Community Church (MICC) @ Union Street
We share our premises at Union Street with Maidstone International Community Church (MICC)